Search This Blog

Thursday 18 April 2013

From the Netherlands to Paris



This blog comes to you from Paris, France. But before I get to Paris, I'll share some art from Holland.
This is a small watercolour of heather near Epe where we were staying.
I left it as a thank you card for the proprietors of the bed and breakfast we stayed in.

                 


This is a watercolour sketch of the shed in my cousin's back garden.



 We are also transporting some of my dad's paintings back to Canada. There is only one sister-in-law on his side of the family still living (an aunt of ours), whom we have visited with. She's over 90 years old and still in good health and of sound mind. It was really nice to see her again. Dad had, over the years, given some of his paintings to his siblings and now that they are no longer alive, those paintings are being given to us, his children.



No comments:

Post a Comment