Search This Blog

Thursday 4 July 2013

Paris Journal

I wanted to make a unique journal about the trip my sister and I took to Paris in April and so when we were there, we went into a used book store and I found a French hard cover book entitled "La Terre" which means "the Earth" by Zola. I loved the design on the cover.
I took the book home to Canada and planned to make my Paris journal out of it. To begin, I tore out several pages to make room for the things I would be putting into the journal. Then I used Gesso to paint and seal the pages so that I could draw and paint on them without the paint going through the page and weakening it.





Once the pages were dry, I began adding photos, paint, drawings, words, and things I had collected while in Paris. It is not totally finished yet but I've gotten a good start on it. I think my scrap booking friends would say that I was scrap booking which is ironic because I always said I wasn't into scrap booking. Funny.




I like how the typing on the page comes through some of the images and because it is all in French, it adds to the French flavour of the journal.


1 comment:

  1. This is really a great idea! I agree - it is a little like scrapbooking. Very original.

    ReplyDelete