Search This Blog

Thursday 25 July 2013

Algonquin Inspiration

A couple of weeks ago, I went on our second annual Women's Canoe Trip in Algonquin Provincial Park. We spend 4 days and 3 nights in the interior taking a different route than last year so the scenery was also different...as different as rocks, trees, and water can be. On this trip we saw more rapids and waterfalls than last year and did less river travel. I had brought along my sketching gear but found that I could not relax enough to sketch. I did do a couple of sketches but ended up taking a lot of photos as well. So when I arrived home I set out to sketch from my photos. Last year I made a card as a memento of our trip for each participant. So this year I wanted to do the same. I've been working feverishly to try to get them done. The scenery is so inspiring to me that I think I will be using my photos to create several paintings and also possibly some fabric creations.
Below are half of the sketches I've completed. They were drawn on watercolour paper with a permanent ink pen and then painted with watercolour pencils. Check back next week when I'll post the rest.

"Island Campsite"                           Galeairy Lake, Algonquin

"Tall Pine"                                     Galeairy Lake, Algonquin

"Water Bucket"     Galeairy Lake, Algonquin

"Portage at Rock Lake Dam"               Rock Lake, Algonquin

"Misty Morning"                           Clydegale Lake, Algonquin

"Lily Pads"                                             Pen Lake, Algonquin

"After First Portage"                      Galeairy Lake, Algonquin

No comments:

Post a Comment