Search This Blog

Thursday 29 August 2013

Fabric cards, Portrait and Landscape Quilt

As I told you last week, I have a few things on the go at the moment. Often I have the ideas but I can't start on the final product because I don't have the supplies. I have an idea for a painting but I don't have the canvas in the house yet so it's on the back burner for now.

I have been receiving some of my fabric cards back and have been tacking them on my design wall to work out a suitable composition. Below is a photo of some of them and I'm sure the composition will change depending on the colour, orientation and style of the cards that come back to me.




I also just finished the latest baby portrait. This one is of my niece's first child, Aria Elizabeth.


And here is a glimpse of a section of the landscape quilt that I was able to get done this week. Not much is recognisable as yet but the red are the two minor canoes in the composition.


So far I am happy with my colour choices and am already forming plans as to how to add stitching for the details in the rocks and grasses as well as the water when the quilt top is finished.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. The landscape quilt is going to be beautiful. Also love the job you did on little Aria. Those are pretty special gifts you do. Even putting your cards together is quite neat to see them all together. You really have an eye for pulling things together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa, I'm pretty happy with what it looks like so far and each time I add another section I just want to keep working to see the whole thing done. It's very addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Arja - these are all very beautiful. You certainly have captured Aria beautifully in the drawing. I can't wait to see the finished quilt - I can already envision it and where it is going. It's going to be outstanding. I can understand what you mean when you say to you want to keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete