Search This Blog

Thursday 3 April 2014

Online Inspiration



I've blogged before about Danny Gregory and Every Day Matters and some of the books he's put out about journaling and sketching. Well, now he has collaborated with a Dutch sketcher named Koosje Koene to develop an online sketching course. The first semester is a 6 week course taught by 6 different artists and will give us 6 different perspectives on sketching. We will learn how they sketch, where they sketch, what materials they use and we'll get assignments to do and be able to post our assignments online to receive critiques on them by teachers and students alike. They just started a Facebook page and its amazing to see how many people are interested in sketching and they are from all over the world! It is a great way to get in touch with others who like to sketch and exchange experiences and notes on sketching.

The course starts on Friday, April 4,14 and I joined with the hopes of connecting with other artists but also to help me become more relaxed about sketching in public and also building up my sketching skills. The fact that I will be getting feedback on my work is also a draw (no pun intended). It is open to everyone so if you are interested check out www.sketchbookskool.com. I'll be posting some of my sketches here in my blog so check back in a week.

I've also submitted my entry to Quilting Arts Magazine for another of their challenges. The theme is Art in the Park and as you might remember, I made an 8``X 8`` quilt about an Algonquin Canoe Trip. I will know on April 9th if it was accepted.



No comments:

Post a Comment