Search This Blog

Thursday 15 May 2014

Sketchbook Skool Final

Our last klass of sketchbook skool has come and gone. I really enjoyed the video lessons and the various ways the different artist teachers approached sketching. It did get me really thinking of sketching anything, anywhere and it also got me sketching more. I even think I have conquered my fear of sketching in public! However, I don't think I'll sign up for the next semester due to the fact that I can't keep up with all the sketching that needs to be done. Instead I've promised myself that I will sketch regularly (even in public) when I can.

Because of this course I have decided that I will log our business year at the Garden Centre with sketches. Every year I do a scrapbook of our business year with photos and a few drawings. I've been doing this since we started the business, more than 30 years. But a book filled with just sketches and some commentary will be really unique.

Below are the first of the sketches that will be part of the book.







These sketches were done with a Pitt marker that is waterproof so I could also use watercolour once the drawing was done without the pen bleeding like in some of my other sketches.

Also, if you are interested, I've added a few gallery pages to this blog. You'll find them at the top right of the blog. Just click on the gallery you'd like to see.  I've posted some of my quilt work, acrylic paintings and watercolour paintings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment