Search This Blog

Thursday 19 June 2014

Garden Inspiration

I love this time of year when there are so many wonderful flowers blooming of all styles and vivid colours. My garden is fairly shady but I have a few areas of sun where I have planted Iris and Monarda, Daisy and Climatis and Peonies. Every year they inspire me and I photograph, sketch and paint them.

Today, I used the fabric I printed with my grand daughter's painting as the background of a quilted postcard.

I also still save teabags and I drew the outline of flowers onto the teabag and then painted it with watercolour paint. I let it dry and then went in with more colour. I then placed the painted teabag on top of my background and stitched around the flower design with coloured thread which also quilted the fabric. Once the flower design was sewn to the background, I tore away the excess tea bag so that only the flower design remained. Then I went in an stitched the design again to make sure the rest of the painted part of the teabag did not come loose. Let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment