Search This Blog

Thursday 25 September 2014

Inspired by New Life

Some of the "other projects" I have been working on are graphite portraits of the new babies that have joined our family. With a population explosion happening within the family, this is going to keep me busy for the next little while.
I was able to finish a few and give them to the new parents this past weekend so now I can post photos of them.
The first one is the son of our nephew and niece that they named Hunter and the second is our new grandson, Samuel.

Hunter
Samuel
These were both done in the same way on the same paper. The reason they look different is due to the different lighting used when photographing. I frame all these portraits the same as well. I use a cream coloured mat with a border of black (the paper is creamy coloured) and the frame is a thin shiny black.
Emma
Here is yet another portrait I did this year of the daughter of another niece and nephew. Her name is Emma.
I really enjoy doing these and they also serve to keep my drawing/shading skills up. It is also my way of praising God for the new life he gives us.
There is one more still on my drawing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment