Search This Blog

Thursday 29 January 2015

Handmade Book Inspiration

For the last few years, I've been intrigued by hand made books. I had no idea that it was a thing. I found there are magazines dedicated to book making. I have tried my hand at it, making small, simple books. I've made a few small folded, accordion books which didn't require stitching together.






Then I tried my hand at some larger books with cardboard covers that had to be stitched together.

This one was made with watercolour paper and is being used as a scrapbook.



This one was made with sketching paper and is being used as a sketch book.


The one I am currently working on has a mix of watercolour paper and sketching paper and was stitched together using the coptic stitch.



I then found some scraps of fabric and sewed pieces together, trimmed it and glued it to the front and back covers.


front


back


I am planning to use this book as I do my devotions each day, noting the lesson learned or the comfort I felt from the Bible passage and doing a sketch or watercolour painting to go with the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment