Search This Blog

Thursday 25 February 2016

Out Walking in the Snow

Although I haven't been posting many of my neighbourhood walk sketches, I have been faithfully going out on my walks no matter what the weather. It is amazing what you learn about your surroundings when you walk and observe. Many of the older neighbourhoods are transforming. The small older homes are being knocked down to make room for massive modern homes that have no yards. It is really a shame because the history of the area is then lost. Some of the older homes are so beautiful and speak of days gone by. They have wonderfully large yards with beautiful gardens and areas to sit and enjoy company. There are large old trees around these homes which are sadly lacking when a new home is built. The fact that our neighbourhoods are changing gives me the desire to get some of these older homes down in my sketchbook before they are gone. Below are some of my sketches from the last couple of weeks.


The front of my church building





No comments:

Post a Comment