Search This Blog

Thursday 22 September 2016

New York City Inspiration

I spent last weekend in the city of New York. It was my first visit to the city and although it is similar to Downtown Toronto, it is also different. Although I was disappointed that we didn't see many local artists and small galleries, possibly because we were in the wrong areas, I did see lots of street art.

New Jersey near the Path Station to New York City

New Jersey


New York City on our walk to Time Square


There were several of these types of sculptures. Very colourful!


Outside a church near the new World Trade Centre


A tiled ceiling at the Bethesda Terrace in Central Park


Relief sculpture on a bridge in Central Park





A street artist making a snowflake design by pouring coloured powdered chalk from his hand.
Central Park Mall


Tiny brass sculpture perched on a subway station entrance


Spray painted on the street


Mural on a building on 10th Street near the High Line


I did get to a quilt shop in New York. There was construction happening on the street in front of it so I don't know how anyone gets to it unless they are walking. I bought some really cool New York City fabric.











No comments:

Post a Comment