Search This Blog

Thursday 29 September 2016

Rusted Fabric Inspiration

Way back on June 2, I blogged about Scavenging for Inspiration. I had been collecting rusty bits, nails, washers, etc. on my neighbourhood walks and I was going to lay them on a piece of white cotton to let them rust a little more and dye the fabric. Well, it took a long time to see any results so I decided to take the whole thing inside and leave it in water instead of letting the rain do the job. I don't think we had enough rain this summer.




Recently I took it all apart and let the fabric dry out and this is the result I got.





For all that waiting, I thought it didn't look like much. Just a piece of dirty rusty cloth. I started cutting it up into 4 X 6 inch pieces for some quilted cards and the inspiration began to flow. Below are the cards I made from the fabric. I even embellished some of the cards with the rusty metal that made the marks.








No comments:

Post a Comment