Search This Blog

Thursday 8 March 2018

Acrylic Painting Completed

Today, I did the last touches on the painting I have been working on. Because I hadn't painted with acrylic in a while, I struggled with it but I was glad to have been in a class where I could get some tips and try out other techniques. I am glad I pushed through and I am very happy with this painting. I don't have a title for it yet, so if anyone can help me with that, I would appreciate it.

Next week will be my last class and although there is another session, I don't think I'll register for it. Spring can be a busy time in our business and I think I'd feel a little guilty leaving paperwork to wait while I take a class. This past Tuesday, I did set up another painting in class. It is a square format and it is rather small. I don't think I have ever painted anything this small with acrylic so that will be a challenge for me as well. I started this one also by painting the canvas black. I rather liked painting on black instead of white. I'm not sure why. This new painting is also from one of my canoe trips and it has 4 red canoes in it. I believe the photo I'm using is from our French River trip. We did take 5 canoes on that trip but I left one out of the painting for composition's sake. Below is the painting with areas that I blocked in today.




And here is my finished painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment