Search This Blog

Thursday 22 February 2018

Acrylic Painting Progress

I have been working on a number of different things so completing projects is slow.  Today, I was able to spend some time on the acrylic painting I've been working on for my class which is good because the last two classes were postponed due to our instructor being at an art show of her work in the States for a couple of weeks.



I worked on the water a bit and spent more time on the rock in the foreground. I find rocks difficult because I see so many different colours in the them. There is a bit of sky reflection on them but for the most part they are quite dark.

I also finally blocked in the foreground trees to help me determine the proper values for the trees and the rock. I think I will have to glaze the background trees with a bit of blue to push them into the background and differentiate them from the foreground trees. This will give the piece more depth. The openings in between the trees will also be filled in with branches. I painted the sky in there first so it will peak between the branches to also give depth.  I'm happy with the progress so far.

2 comments: