Search This Blog

Thursday 7 June 2018

Inspired by the Past

A few weeks ago, I went to an Antique Market held in a Conservation Area near where we live. I was on the lookout for vintage fabric and embellishments for my art. I had to use some restraint to keep myself from buying antique furniture or garden ornaments. I truly enjoy wandering through old cast off stuff.

Below are the treasures I found.








These are embroidered vintage napkins. Often they are stained but that doesn't bother me because I'll use the embroidered bits on my fabric cards and perhaps some of the plain fabric that isn't stained.







The vendor selling these vintage quilt bits told me she received an old quilt that was ripped so she cut it into small sections to sell in her store and booth. They are comprised of small hexigons that were hand sewn together and then hand quilted. They are also a great scrap to use in my fabric cards.



This is a 3 inch hand crocheted doily that came in a set of 4. They were possibly coasters.



These are slugs that were used in amusement park machines. They say, "No Cash Value" and "Good for Amusement Only" on them. Great embellishments.



This special find is a tiny thimble that I bought for my thimble collection. I think it was meant for a child's finger. The top is dented slightly and has a hole in it where a needle went through the metal. It also has the word "FRIENDSHIP" stamped around the bottom edge.

Doing my part in recycling these wonderful vintage treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment