Search This Blog

Thursday 28 June 2018

Progress on My New Art Quilt

I have been steadily working on my newest art quilt pattern. It is such a time consuming part of the project but it's getting there.





This area is mostly trees and their reflections in the water so it has a huge concentration of small pieces in it.

Just to give you an idea of how small some of the pieces will be, I placed a safety pin in the photo.



Today I plotted everything but the canoe. The canoe will be the center of interest and just by it's size it will be the focal point so I want to be careful of the fabric colours I use on it. I want the viewer to be able to look past the canoe to the scenery around it and enjoy it as if they were sitting in the canoe. I hope I can pull it off.

In last week's blog I asked if you received the blog to email me a separate email to tell me so. I only heard from one person so I sent a message to Blogger that my followers were not receiving alerts when I posted. If you received an alert this week could you send me a separate email (aspeel0571@rogers.com) to tell me so?  If I can't rely on my posts getting out either I have to change my platform or stop blogging.

2 comments: