Search This Blog

Thursday 30 August 2018

Art Quilt Update

I have been trying to work on my art quilt every chance I can and I am making headway. Lots of my other projects have been put on the back burner until I get this quilt done. Today I worked for 2 hours and completed only a small section. The reason it takes me so long is that with this quilt I designed more detail and the pieces are tiny.



This section measures almost 4 inches by 5 inches and it has 45 different pieces and almost as many different fabrics in it.



You have to look carefully and use some imagination to see the canoe and the surrounding water. The water sections are done and I'm now working on the trees in the background. The sections have not been sewn together yet and still have some freezer paper on them so the whole design is not visible yet. I am getting excited to put it all together.

On Tuesday, I will be delivering another art quilt to the Fiber Content Show 2018 at the Art Gallery of Burlington. The show starts September 6 and goes until September 16. Below are some details of the show.





Fibre Content: a community event that features the best of contemporary Canadian Fibre Art.

Showcasing works in fabric, paper, yarn, thread and mixed media materials, the goal is to raise the profile, awareness and acceptance of Fibre Art as an art form.
Location: Lee-Chin Family Gallery
Public reception: Sunday September 9, 1pm-3pm

The Art Gallery of Burlington is pleased to host Fibre Content: a community event that features the best of contemporary Canadian Fibre Art. Showcasing works in fabric, paper, yarn, thread and mixed media materials, the goal is to raise the profile, awareness and acceptance of Fibre Art as an art form.

This juried exhibition will display 90 fibre art quilts and mixed media works by 60 artists from across Ontario from the following groups:

Studio Art Quilts Associates (SAQA)
Grand Guild of Fibre Artists
Burlington Fibre Arts Guild
Oakville Fibre Artists
Connections Fibre Artists
Group of Eight Fibre Artists
Burlington Handweavers & Spinners Guild
Burlington Hooking Craft Guild


As well, another of my art quilts that has been travelling the world, is on display at the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum in Almonte, Ontario.



No comments:

Post a Comment