Search This Blog

Thursday 16 August 2018

Interesting Tidbits from my Walk and Art Quilt Update

I usually scrounge for treasures on my walk around the neighbourhood and last week was no exception, however, I didn't pick up any rusty trash or maple keys, twigs, seed pods etc. Instead there were two things that caught my eye.

The first was this interesting patch in the pavement of the road.


What does it look like to you?

The second was this interesting bug.


At first I thought it was two bugs but when I looked closer, I saw that the Cicada on the right had just emerged from it's nymph exoskeleton on the left. These are the bugs we hear buzzing loudly in the trees during the summer. Interesting tidbit was that these Cicadas spend from 2 to 17 years underground before climbing out of the earth as nymphs and then morphing into adults. I spent the morning drawing them into my garden sketchbook.



I am really happy with the progress on my art quilt. I have been able to spend quite some time on it, however, not much else is getting done.







The landscape is slowly building around the canoe and I am liking the colours I chose after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment