Search This Blog

Thursday 7 February 2019

Self Portrait Art Quilt Top Completed

Well, I plugged on, even though, at times, I thought this was just not going to work. Since it was a self portrait that I was doing for myself, I was not really concerned if it didn't turn out. It was a good subject to experiment on. I can take chances with the design, colours and stitching without worrying.

It still looks a little wonky and you cannot identify the nose or mouth yet but I hope to enhance those with stitching.



I trimmed it up to straighten the edges, put a piece of thick felt in between the top and the backing and finished off the edges with a zigzag stitch the same way I make my quilted greeting cards.


Now here's where I need a little help. As you can see, I have put glasses on my face and I plan to put organza where the lenses should be. I have chosen a white organza and an organza with a brown hue. Could you let me know which colour looks the best?

White organza lenses

Brown organza lenses
Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment