Search This Blog

Thursday 28 February 2019

Self-portrait Art Quilt Final

Well, here it is! My experiment was rather successful. All through the process I was not sure it was working. Things just weren't lining up and I thought I'd have some issues with the glasses and the eyes. I still think the eyes are a bit odd but overall, I'm happy with the outcome.

The final piece measures 9.25 inches by 9.50 inches. Not quite square and it is the smallest piece I have done with this technique. I now know that I can make smaller works this way, however, its a lot more work than making a large wall quilt.

I used stitching to enhance the eyes, nose and mouth. I used the white organza for the glass lenses and silver lame for the earrings. I also think the background fabric works well.

I'm not sure about the quilting lines on the face and neck areas. They make me look very wrinkled (more-so than I actually am).



No comments:

Post a Comment