Search This Blog

Thursday 17 March 2016

Strange Winter Weather

The last three weeks have been an example of the kind of winter we have experienced here in Toronto. Three weeks ago when I wanted to go for my neighbourhood walk we had a dumping of snow. Two weeks ago it was raining and today the temperature was nice and the sun was out long enough for me to go on my walk and now it is raining/hailing/snowing outside. So bizarre!

This morning I could hear the birds again and saw my first Robin. In front of many houses, furniture stood at the curb. It looks like Spring is a season of new beginnings in more than one way. Not much is growing outside yet but I am sure that in a few weeks we will see the buds starting to appear on the trees again. It is about this time of year that I started my Neighbourhood Journal and I still have a few pages left to fill. It has been a really nice project and has gotten me out to walk each week throughout this year. I've come to know my neighbourhood a lot better and have discovered some places I would like to go back to for a closer look.


My car covered with snow





No comments:

Post a Comment