Search This Blog

Friday 7 April 2017

So Much Inspiration!

Spring is the time of year that inspires me the most. It's a time of new life and new beginnings. Everywhere plants are waking up and starting to reach for the sun. With every rainfall sent from God, the world gets a little greener. I love it!

But it gives me a dilemma. There is so much I want to record in my sketchbooks as it happens that other projects get set back. I could be busy every day, all day with art making but I don't have the luxury of all that time. That being said, I have a few projects on the go.

With my bird feeder hanging outside my office window, I am noticing so many more different kinds of birds there and want to record them all. This week I also started another traditional quilting project with a friend and my sister. It is going to be a table runner. I am also still sketching aspects of my daughter's historic home which I feel a little pressured on because she is now looking to move. I have finished putting together my fabric cards and now just have to sew a rod sleeve to it so I can hang it on the wall. Oh, and yes, I am still making fabric cards for various occasions and doing a little cross-stitch to embellish them with.


A fabric card I made from one of my bird sketches.









Pieces for a table runner


My daughter's house in the snow




 And most importantly, I have been working on my latest art quilt. Progress is going well so far but very slowly due to the many tiny pieces.

 I am trying not to stress over all these projects because they are supposed to be enjoyable to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment