Search This Blog

Thursday 28 December 2017

Beginning my Garden Journal/Sketchbook

Keeping a Garden Journal and Sketchbook is one of my goals for 2018. I'm going to start January 1 and try to keep it for the whole year. It will be interesting to see how the garden changes over the year. I plan on sketching not only flowers and plants but creatures and insects that enjoy the garden.  I'll record what the garden looks like in different types of weather and different times of day.

I'm using a Moleskine Mixed Media Sketchbook with a hard cover. It's approximately 5 X 7 inches. I will use a variety of media and pens/pencils for the sketches.

With 2018 just around the corner, I thought I would do the Title Page today so I can start right into sketching on the first of January.



I first drew some flowers in pencil from photographs of my garden from last summer. Then, using a black Uniball Deluxe Micro pen I went over all my drawing lines.


Once that was done and the ink had dried, I erased all my pencil lines with a kneaded eraser. Then I got out my watercolours and painted the flowers adding details with watercolour pencils. The Title was copied from my computer screen where I pulled up a font I liked.


I filled in the font with a black Uniball Vision Fine point pen. I can't wait to begin my sketches and I really hope I will give myself time each week or every couple of days to draw something in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment