Search This Blog

Thursday 15 February 2018

Love Day Inspiration

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and I have this tradition of not only giving my husband some extra love on that day but also my kids and grand-kids. They usually get a handmade Valentine card and this year was no exception. I try to create something different each year and so I began a few weeks ago in order to complete them on time.



I wanted to use paint in some way so I made card sandwiches with felt in the middle and white cotton on the top and a backing fabric on the bottom. I painted the white cotton pink and let it dry while I drew up some doodles to stitch onto each card.

After I finished stitching, I added different colours of paint which brought out the stitching patterns. Once that dried I took out my embroidery floss and did some hand stitching to enhance some of the patterns. Finally I added beads and buttons to finish them off. I had sore fingers and wrist for a few days while working on these due to the thickness that I had to get the needle through. It's all good now though.








No comments:

Post a Comment