Search This Blog

Thursday 8 February 2018

Progress in my Acrylic Painting Class

I've had 5 classes in Acrylic Painting and I am enjoying it. Having painted so long by myself in my studio, I tend to think I've managed well but I have been picking up some helpful tips in this class and it shows me that no matter how much you know or how much experience you have, you can always learn something new.

My painting is progressing well. I work on it once in between classes as well. I begin a painting by drawing the design on the canvas with watercolour pencil. Then I block in the colours of the scene. On this painting I started with the water and the sky because as I told you before I had painted the canvas black. So I started with the lightest areas. Once I had the sky & water blocked in and some detail added I painted the background trees on the far shore. Next I blocked in the rock. The foreground trees I will do last.









I've given the background trees some dimension and tweaked the sky and water. The water still needs more work with the reflections. I added some sky openings in the foreground trees and darkened the rocks a bit. At this point the foreground trees are still just the black of the canvas. It is starting to take shape and I'm happy with its progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment