Search This Blog

Thursday 19 April 2018

Quilting Retreat and Quilted Greeting Cards

Next week Monday until Thursday I will drive north to enjoy a quilting retreat for a few days. I have been feverishly working on a painting that I wanted to use to create a pattern for an art quilt but that has not been completed so I will not be working on that particular art quilt at the retreat. Instead I will be working on a table runner for my dining room table as well as  some quilted greeting cards.

As I was thinking about what I would bring for the show and share portion of the retreat, I decided that instead of a quilt, I would take some of the quilted greeting cards I have made in the past. At the retreat we will also have a "for sale" table where we can bring items we want to sell. I have been making greeting cards that I've been setting aside for future fundraisers. I have 9 made that I thought I would try to sell at the retreat in support of Timothy Christian School in Rexdale. The school has started their planned renovation and addition and is still raising money for that cause. I'm planning on selling the cards for $10 each. They are one of a kind designs and original artwork that can also be framed and come with an envelope.

If they don't all get sold at the retreat, I will post the remaining ones here and if any of my followers would like to support the school by purchasing one you can let me know via email.

Below are the cards I'm selling and I hope to make one more to make it an even 10. I'll continue to create cards for future fundraisers.





















No comments:

Post a Comment