Search This Blog

Thursday 7 March 2019

Scrapbook Keeping

Scrap booking used to be all the rage years ago and perhaps it still is but I think with the invention of the digital book, scrap booking is becoming less popular. I have made several digital books but I like the look of scrap books that have a personal flavour to them. I have made small scrap books of some of my travels and they are great to look through. Of course, I also add my own sketches to them and glue in photos, receipts, post cards, ticket stubs and the like.

I have kept scrap books of our family business since it began over 40 years ago. It is great to look back at our beginnings and see how we've evolved and grown. I've always added my own sketches to these books too and when I look back I also see how my art knowledge and skill has grown.

I thought you might like to see some of those sketches. Below, are the titles pages for each year from 2007 to 2012 since we moved our company to our present location. Next week I'll post the last 7 years.


I love sunflowers as a subject and yet I have so much trouble growing them. Too many squirrels in our neighbourhood.



Watercolour peonies, another of my favourite flowers.


This is a collage of flowers cut from magazines and one of my failed paintings ripped up.


The Boss


You'll see these iconic "domes" in many of the pages.


"Domes" seen from a different angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment