Search This Blog

Friday 29 March 2019

A New Reupholstering Project

When we moved into this house the kitchen cupboards had a dark turquoise paint on the center panels which I lived with for a couple of years but then had someone come in and paint them a neutral colour. In the living room there was also a built-in bench covered in that same coloured fabric and I have been dreaming of reupholstering it for years.

I finally went out and bought some fabric and this week I have been tackling that project. The first thing I had to figure out was how to take it apart. Having done that, I proceeded to remove all the staples that held the fabric on. Big job!

It's not exactly art, but there is some measure of skill involved in doing this type of thing.




I found that they had glued the foam to the bench back which I had to try to loosen because the fabric had been put on before the foam.





I was fortunate that I could reuse the foam since it was still in good condition. There is something very satisfying in recovering old furniture.


 Voila! New bench that fits better with my decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment