Search This Blog

Thursday 4 April 2019

Perpetual Calendar

I have always used several perpetual calendars to remind me of birthdays and anniversaries. I always thought they were a Dutch thing but I'm noticing them in our Canadian stores as well. I made one several years ago with images of my fabric cards on it. It has become somewhat out dated since many friends and relatives have died since. I have been wanting to make another and I've finally come up with a plan.

Since writing out that plan, a few things have changed which often happens in creative ventures. You get into the creative part and the plan you made just doesn't work in reality. I had planned to make this calendar 4.25 inches by 11 inches. The reason for this was that if I want to print it this size would cost less since I could get two pages out of one 8.5 X 11 inch sheet of paper. Well, I've had to rethink that size since I've decided to make the pages out of fabric and stitch the designs on them. I've decided to use the full 8.5 X 11 size.

I would also like to stitch a bible verse on each page and when I began with January's page it was evident that the size was too small to be able to stitch the bible verse on it as well as the date numbers such that they were legible.



I am keeping a planning journal for this project to keep my ideas in one place. I have some themes for each month but the whole project is not yet fleshed out. For January, I'm stitching fireworks on a black background. All the stitching on this page will be white and silver. Below is the beginning. The body will be covered with dates and lines for writing names next to. On the bottom I've already stitched where the text is found and I will add the words of the text as well.





For February, I chose the above fabric to represent ice and I hope to stitch snow flakes on this page. This was hand painted by myself but since I've cut this fabric for the smaller page there isn't enough left for the new larger page so I'll have to paint another piece.

Below are my notes for the project. If there are any suggestions for themes for future months please help me out by sending them to me.




3 comments:

  1. After visualizing your ice, for March I see a meltdown theme with icicles dripping water. Not sure if it fits in with what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After visualizing your ice, for March I see a meltdown theme with icicles dripping water. Not sure if it fits in with what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea, Teresa! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete