Search This Blog

Friday 27 September 2019

Inspiration found in Holland and Portugal

I just spent two weeks travelling to Holland and also Portugal. It always takes me some time to relax enough to sketch in new places. Here I'll share my sketchbook pages.


This little car was perfect to get me in the sketching mood. It was parked at the end of my cousin's street so I sat on the sidewalk with my back to a wall and hoped the owner would come out and move it.




The view out of VRBO window in Lisbon, Portugal. I took lots of photos of tiles but also wanted some in my sketchbook.


There were so many of these alleyways covered with graffiti and lots of ramps and stairs to get you around this hilly city. There was even an outdoor escalator and elevators just to get you to another level of the city.



We did lots of waiting in airports. Such a waste of time....unless you are sketching (or gazing at your phone). I think my people sketches are improving. At least I can tell who these people are supposed to be.


 Back in Holland we visited several windmills. I never get tired of the look of them on the Dutch landscape.


Vacations come to an end much too fast. We actually had pretty good seats in the front of the plane just behind business class.


No comments:

Post a Comment