Search This Blog

Friday 4 October 2019

Where Fabric Card Ideas Come From

I've been making several fabric cards lately for people I know and for various occasions. I've taken photos of the inspiration for the card and the final card together. Many of my ideas come from photos I have taken and once in a while, I will just sketch an idea from my imagination.



This was a photo I took during a moody sunset at Killbear Provincial Park this summer. That sail boat came quietly sailing past my kayak as I was snapping photos and it really makes the composition interesting. Photo above, fabric card below. The sky was done with various coloured organza, which is transparent and so the layers show through.



This was a sketch I did from a photo taken that same night at Killbear. For this one I just used commerical fabrics from my stash. I have some really great pieces that resemble rocks.


This was an imagination sketch of  a landscape with trees in the foreground and stately mountains in the background.



My neighbour up the street was growing sunflowers. I don't know how she succeeded. I have tried for years to grow them but the squirrels just steal the seeds right out of the ground. On my walk one day, I snapped a photo and used it to make this card.


At this time of year the sumac trees are turning red. This photo was taken near the Humber River which runs behind my house. When they are green the sumac leaves are not very appealing but when they change colour I find them very interesting with the varigated green/red mix on some leaves and the bright red in later fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment