This time I used the same method as back then to make sure the result would be the same. I also made a second card using a piece of fabric that I had coated with spray starch to see if this made any difference.
The card made on regular fabric without spray starch was sandwiched and a design of apples on a branch was stitched on it.
Once the design was stitched, I coloured it with the pencils.
This is just coloured in with no fabric medium being used yet.
Then I painted fabric medium over the colours to blend them and darken them. There was no bleeding so I'm concluding that the layers and the stitching is controlling the bleeding.
The second card I made was with the starched fabric and I sandwiched it again before I drew the design onto it with the Inktense Pencils. Then I took it to the sewing machine and stitched over the design lines.
Then I used the pencils to colour the image.
Once the design and the background were coloured I used the fabric medium to blend the colours a little.