Search This Blog

Thursday 17 May 2018

Garden Inspiration

I am so enjoying the warmer weather and sunshine! One of my goals for this year was to start a garden sketchbook. I started it on January 1st and have been sketching as I notice interesting things in my garden. At this time of year there are loads of interesting things happening there and I can't keep up with them! Here are a few of the pages from my Garden Sketchbook.


















This last page is unfinished but I was enjoying painting these snails so much, I didn't want to stop. I had found this snail shell while working in the garden and it looked like there was no snail in it because it was clogged with dirt. So I took it to my chair in the backyard and placed it on the arm so I could sketch it. It was sitting in the sun and I guess it warmed up and it started to move! I had to keep tapping the shell to keep it still long enough to draw the top shell. After a while I just gave up and snapped some photos with my phone and painted these from the photos.  Spring is wonderful!

2 comments: