Search This Blog

Thursday 24 May 2018

Painting Fabric

I have been thinking of painting some of my own fabric for my new art quilt but I don't have enough space indoors to do that. Today was promising to be a sunny, warm day and I decided that's what I would do out on my back deck.

I spread out my plastic table cloth, got all my paint mixing stuff together and my painting for my art quilt and did a little art outside. It was a great day for it as the sun dried my fabric in no time.



I ripped sections of white cotton fabric in pieces and laid them out on the plastic table cloth. I am going to need lots of blues and greens for this art quilt so I started with those.




I was running out of base for mixing my paint so I just played with the rest of it on smaller pieces of fabric. I've put an order in for more base and pigment so when that comes I can continue to paint fabric for this project.










No comments:

Post a Comment