Search This Blog

Thursday 3 May 2018

Quilting Sisters Retreat

I have been filled and inspired once again. On the long solo drive to Markdale, I wondered how my next few days would go. I wasn't really prepared with work to do since the pattern for my next art quilt didn't get completed. I was leaving my comfort zone at home to spend a few days with women I had only met once before. I felt, however, that God was guiding me to this retreat and knowing that all the women attending were Christians did make a difference. Being an introvert concerned me.

As it turned out, God knew I needed time away from my regular day to day routine so I could hear Him speaking to me. At the retreat, I renewed the friendships I started a year ago, I heard God's word to me during devotion times and sang praises to Him. I heard the joyful laughing and joking of the women who accepted me as well as some of their stories of God's faithfulness.

As I worked on my table runner project and did some sketching I felt God's encouragement to continue honing my talents and use them to honour Him and bless others. Although I don't know exactly how I need to progress, I will wait on Him to guide me.











There was such a variety of colour and patterns in the work being done. It truly inspired me as I watched the speed and accuracy of the women piecing their quilts. A lot was accomplished in the few days of the retreat.



Our theme this year was "Dutch"




We actually had some snow while we were there!










It was a wonderful retreat and my gratitude goes out to all who planned and worked to make it the success it was. Also a huge thank you to Jane, who prepared all the meals with such love and expertise. Everything was delicious and bountiful!

1 comment:

  1. Keep stretching yourself mom! Glad you felt the Lord’s presence.

    ReplyDelete